The December 2015 update was so bad, several global news organizations took up the story. Clash of Clans plummeted on iTunes from 5 stars to 3 stars, falling to no.82. Even the local Finnish news agencies panned their hometown game developers for disastrous gameplay changes:
Yibada (Global Chinese)
Supercell’s response has been equally as bad. So many threads have been censored or removed on the Supercell forum that users have moved to Reddit to speak freely. Supercell’s censorship, silence, and lack of response results in losing the public’s trust, including their hometown newspaper.
Thankfully, Supercell responded today with some tweaks and bug fixes. These tweaks do not fix the underlying gameplay problems of the update, they are merely band-aids. Increasing the PBT from 3 to 4 hours isn’t exactly a gameplay fix.
So here they are. What’s up with nerfing skeletons? Hasn’t Supercell screwed up enough?
Bug Fixes (Dec 17)
- Fixed a bug in the Personal Break system that could force players into Personal Break even after being offline for a while
- Fixed a bug that could allow exceeding the limit of donated Clan Spells
- Grand Warden ground/air mode is now always correctly saved
Gameplay Tweaks (Dec 17)
- Personal Break online-time limit has been increased from 3 to 4 hours
- Personal Break limit now fully resets when being 15 minutes offline without Shield or Guard (was 30 minutes)
- Personal Break limit extensions increased to 30 minutes (was 15 minutes) after taking a defense without shield or getting kicked out without being attacked
- Free Guard when Shield expires has been increased for all Leagues:
- Titan I / Legend: 4 hours Guard (was 3 hours)
- Titan II: 3 hours Guard (was 2 hours)
- Titan III: 2 hours Guard (was 1 hour)
- Champion (all levels): 1 hour Guard (was 30 minutes)
- Below Champion: 30 minutes Guard (was 15 minutes)
- Clan War matchmaking parameters have been updated for Town Hall 9 through Town Hall 11
- Skeleton hitpoints have been slightly decreased
- X-Mas tree is now spawning
Future Fixes (Week of Dec 20?)
- 1-Gem Resource Boost!
- Added Winter theme along with an option to disable snowfall in Settings
- Added an info screen when tapping the Shield icon that shows exact Personal Break timer status
- Added a Clan badge icon for donated Spells in the deployment bar
- Fixed a crash when trying to tap the Town Hall while all elixir-recharged defenses are under upgrade
- Fixed a crash when fighting Lava Hound and Pups near the edge of the map
- Fixed a crash when trying to donate to the war map while a troop or spell production building is under upgrade
- Fixed the request/full/timer tips not showing correctly above the Clan Castle in certain situations
- Fixed player profile bug where Level 1 Grand Warden could be incorrectly shown as unlocked
- Various UI cleanup and fixes